I don’t know about you, but there’s just some days where I’m feeling down or overwhelmed, and I need to realign my day.
1. Drink a Dr Pepper, or whatever your sweet beverage of choice is. I know they’re bad for me, so I do my best to limit myself to one at lunch and one at dinner. Some days this works better than others…….
2. Get a hug from my kids. A few days ago I was feeling down, and my kids on their own each came up and gave me hugs. That really made me smile.
3. Put on some tunes. I’m a huge fan of big band and broadway, so the Swing! soundtrack is always up my alley.
4. Read a good book. Okay this one isn’t quick, but if it’s the right book, it’s a guaranteed mood changer, Amazon didn’t have my favorite listed, Dark Lord of Derkholme, but Deep Secret will do in a pinch. Or a Douglass Adams book, yes I like a bit of absurdity in my life.
5.Dancing to the music I put on. Nothing will change my mood like a quick bit of dancing. I’ve also found dancing and singing along while cleaning really changes your viewpoint on stupid cleaning jobs.
6. Drink a cup of tea (not in that cup, the handle is broken), I’m currently really enjoying Orange Spice Black Tea (personally, I’m buying the HEB brand, but that’s a local grocery store, so I can’t link to it) or Whedon’s Wares Fanty (I also enjoy that I’m supporting a good charity when I buy from there).
7. If I have more than a few minutes, I’ll take a bath, and if it’s been a really crazy day it’ll be a bubble bath.
8. There are times that being out of sorts means I need to spend some time in my Bible, and reading a chapter or so helps change my mood. Though, just as often I’ll put on my favorite Christian band and just dance it out, I’m partial to the W’s or Newsboys.
9. Get outside. Maybe go for a walk. There’s just something calming about being outside and feeling the wind.
10. Go swimming. It’s the one form of exercise I like. I love the feel of moving through the water, I’d happily play in the water just like a kid if I didn’t think I’d get weird looks. Thankfully our gym has an indoor pool, so I can swim year round, and no worries about sunburns.
What do you do to cheer up? I’m about to go take my boys out to get breakfast tacos, so that’s certainly setting my day off on the right foot.
Come back tomorrow for the newest resource I’ve found to teach the kids about the Bible.
For the next 10 Weeks I will be joining with many other fabulous ladies to create 10 in 10, 10 different lists and ideas for the next 10 weeks. I am really looking forward to some of these topics to see what everyone else comes up with. Come join us with your own interpretation of the 10 in 10.