As you no doubt know by now, I’m a big fan of teaching the Bible to kids and love my Bible lessons. And because of that, I’ve collected a lot of resources for the different Bible stories, and I have a lot of ideas to teach the New Testament to kids. On my Bible Pinterest boards I have over 1000 ideas, but here are 100 ideas for you to teach the New Testament to kids.
I am loosely organizing these along the lines of my Bible Pinterest boards, and then sub-dividing it by individual stories or elements in those different areas.
Most of the section headers will be linked to my post on the topic if I have one.
Before we get started there are a few crafts and posts that can be easily used in several different areas.
General New Testament posts and crafts
There are several repeated themes and elements throughout the Bible and the New Testament, these crafts can be used in more than one story, so I didn’t limit them to that story:
10 ideas to teach the New Testament right there (and yes I will be doing this at the end of each section)
- Christmas Story Ideas from my own blog (this has about 10 different ideas there)
- Illustrating the Christmas story
- Christ centered nature study
- Advent Wreath printable
- Truth in the Tinsel (affiliate link)
There’s 5 more Ideas to teach the New Testament
I love the visual aspect of so many of the Gospel stories. I had a hard time limiting it to one or two ideas for each story, so there are a few I snuck in 3 or 4 ideas.
The Baptism of Jesus (my lesson is included in John the Baptist)
- Breakdown of who the 12 apostles are
- Illustrated Guide to the 12 apostles
- Jesus picks his disciples craft
Jesus Walks on Water (included in Jesus feeds the 5000)
- Jesus raises Jairus’ daughter paper craft
- Jesus heals the crippled woman (the miracle on the way to Jairus’ daughter)
10 Lepers healed
- Zacchaeus paper plate craft (my friend took the picture and uploaded it)
- Zacchaeus construction paper craft
- Zacchaeus in a tree craft
40 ideas to teach the New Testament just in the Gospel section (I’m having to keep a running tally to make sure I get at least 100)
That adds up to 55 ideas to teach the New Testament so far!
Parables of Jesus activities
Jesus taught most often through parables, and there’s such a great wealth of materials you can teach about this area. If you click on the picture up above you’ll be taken to my parables pinterest board with over 50 ideas to teach parables to kids.
Two generic parables activities
Parable of the Good Samaritan
Parable of the Lost Sheep
Parable of the Lost Coins
Parable of the Rich Pearl
Parable of the Mustard Seed
And there’s another 20 ideas to teach the New Testament, bringing the total up to 75 ideas.
- Easter family devotional
- Crown of Thorns craft
- Easter Nature Study
- Easter activities and drawings by Susan Evans
- Easter printables
- Holy Week Devotional
6 ideas to teach the New Testament in this section, and this section ruined my nice multiples of 5 stretch. Sigh, poor Ticia, now my math gets harder. I’m just going to say another 5, because that lets me be lazy. That gets me to 80 ideas, only 20 left to go.
Acts is an interesting book because it shows a couple of things to me: 1. That even the early church fathers weren’t perfect, and 2. They were very brave. Okay, I could actually write a whole paper on that topic (and probably did in college, but I’ll just get on to my Acts New Testament ideas)
- Pentecost ideas from Susan Evans
- The Holy Spirit lights us on fire (super cool visual, you literally light something on fire!)
- Relating Thanksgiving and Suffering (this blog is doing a series on Acts right now, if you want to check into it)
- Philip and the Ethiopian lesson
- Philip and the Ethiopian printable (this site does some amazing printables, and thoroughly covers a story)
- Saul’s conversion lesson
- Saul’s conversion printable mask
- Saul lowered in a basket (because after he’s converted he has to escape his friends, and I know I was trying to stick to two ideas per lesson, but this is so cool, I mean he’s lowered in a BASKET!)
- Peter’s dream visuals (great use of toys)
Paul’s Second Missionary Trip, Athens
- Priscilla and Aquilla tent craft (they were tent makers after all)
- Paul’s missionary trips map (love the way this map looks)
- edible map of Paul’s journeys (no matter how I make journey plural it looks wrong)
- Paul pop-up book (it’s his whole life, but I shared it here, for lack of somewhere else)
- Paul’s shipwreck boat craft
22 More ideas her in Acts, so from here on out the rest are bonus ideas.
The Armor of God
- Fruit of the Spirit tree
- Fruit of the Spirit file folder game
- Fruit of the Spirit snack and object lesson (would you believe I’ve been trying to remember the phrase “object lesson” for most of the writing of this post?)
Other New Testament Letters
- lesson on grace from James 1
- 1 John craft
- 1 Thessalonians 5 prayer book
- Revelation Tree of Life Craft
- Hebrews 11 Hall of Faith lesson
Visit Ticia Adventures in Mommydom’s profile on Pinterest.
And if I’ve added up all of these correctly that is 112 ideas to teach kids the New Testament. If you head to my Pinterest feed you’ll see over 1000 ideas to teach kids about the New Testament in my 5 Pinterest boards. If you include the rest of my Bible boards there is over 3500 ideas to teach your kids about the Bible and I’m finding more every week.