Sometimes you just want a silly book to read, and that’s fine. Not every book needs to be life altering, and making the world a better place. Sometimes you just want some silly fun, and that’s where Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter comes into play. There’s still a fun discussion to be had, but this isn’t deep philosophy for a book and a movie.
(there are affiliate links in here)
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter book club
Ever since my boys found out this book and a movie combo existed they desperately wanted to choose this as their book.
So last summer when I set them free to choose books, they grabbed the book, and somehow shanghaied The Artist into doing the same thing.
I know, it shocked me as well.
So what do you talk about with such fluff?
The strength of their argument for believing Abraham Lincoln was a vampire hunter.
So we debated it, it’s obviously an argument from lack of knowledge, but it’s a fun discussion.
What proof can you find for the arguments made in the book that the South was secretly ruled by vampires?
I mean that’s a pretty big claim.
And then of course, after you watch the movie, how similar were the two?
It’s a really simple book club, but it was fun. They had fun discussing the strengths and weaknesses of the book and its particular brand of vampires.
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter movie snacks
I actually have more snacks than could fit into my first picture set. The kids had a lot of fun brainstorming different snacks, I don’t know for sure if I’ll create a second picture yet, we’ll see…
Ha! I figured it out, half of those snacks were for Twelfth Night!
Now to the Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter movie snacks.
- Vampire Victim- sugar cookie people with red frosting on them, yes it’s a bit dark, that’s what happens when you have high schoolers provide snack suggestions
- Gravestone- gingerbread cookies in a general gravestone shape
- Top Hat- vanilla wafer with marshmallows on top, it would have been more authentic if I’d dipped them in chocolate, but…
- Hammer- because Lincoln was fond of them, we discovered I was out of pretzel sticks to stick into our marshmallows, so they looked just a little bit weird
- Cheesy Quote- there were so many cheesy lines, we had to grab a bunch of cheese cubes for out cheesy quotes
- Vampire Fangs- I know there is a candy that does this, but we used baby carrots
- Blood- Big Red
- Beer- root beer
- Stake- yep, steak
- Skewered- because several vampires were skewered on stakes, ehhhhh, get it, we sliced up some dried sausage from Fredricksburg and some of the cheese cubes and skewered them on toothpicks, or we were until we couldn’t find the toothpicks
And that was our rather silly Abraham Lincoln book club
More somewhat silly book clubs and learning
- Harry Potter book club
- Percy Jackson book club (for the I want to hate watch something crowd)
- Midsummer Night’s Dream (okay this one is actually good literature, it’s just so much fun)
- Austenland book club (I need to buy the book, I really enjoyed the book, the movie was meh)
- Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy