I have a friend who is pregnant right now and her baby shower is today. She needed a small present because she would be flying back to Australia and all of her presents have to fit in TWO suitcases. So, my usual baby shower present of lots of helpful items you don’t register for was rather out.
(There are affiliate links in here)
What’s in my usual baby shower present
- cloth diapers to use as burp cloth (see how I modify the diapers below)
- Take and Toss Infant Spoons
- Take and Toss Bowls
- over-sized receiving blanket (see below)
- small stuffed animal (see below)
Quick Homemade Baby Shower Present
Pictures: receiving blanket, burp cloths, teddy bear
The receiving blanket is just a square of flannel 40″ x 40″ hemmed. Perfect for summer time frame and light winters.
The burp cloths are cloth diapers with a 5 inch trim of flannel sewn to the bottom. I loved these when my kids were babies because my burp cloths were distinctive and everyone knew it was mine.
The teddy bear is a new addition for me, and I think will be added into my usual presents. I found the pattern off this blog. Which then directed me to the pattern (scroll all the way to the bottom to find it).
I love this pattern, it makes up in less than an hour, and Batman happily helped me stuff it. I am so addicted to it now and have ideas for making several others. Here’s my thoughts on how to change it.
1. Make pointed ears for a cat.
2. Pointed ears and yarn in the seam to make a lion or ric rac would be cute too
3. Bigger ears for a mouse
4. Longer ears for a dog
5. I think with some experimentation you could make an elephant.
All told supplies needed for this quick homemade baby shower present
- 1.5 yard of flannel
- prefolded cloth diapers
- scrap fabric of a different color