1 and 2 Samuel are interesting books of the Bible. They transition from Israel having no king to having its first two kings. We see men do great things and we see men do horrible things. We also see the introduction of the Davidic Covenant, and how important that becomes to Israel and the rest of the Old Testament.
1 and 2 Samuel Activities
- Call of Samuel– The Call of Samuel shows God can use any age for His plan. From the youngest boy to the oldest man. It also can be a very encouraging story for women who are struggling to get pregnant, because Samuel’s mother too struggled for years.
- King Saul Bible Lesson– We learn from King Saul that what looks to be the perfect king or the perfect answer is not always true.
- David and Goliath activities– God does not pick His king based on what we see. God picks based on your heart.
- David and Saul lesson– David learns that God’s timing is not our own. If it was, David would be king around 20 or so, instead of king at 40. But God was arranging things during that 20 year wait.
- King David lesson– David learns many things when he finally becomes king. He learns others can be punished for your sins. He learns the proper way to respect God.
- David and Bathsheba for kids– You can repent from sin and still reap the consequences of your sin. When you sin, you will go much further than you planned, and the consequences are much worse than you ever imagined.
1 and 2 Samuel resources
I’ll have to come back and add this in because apparently when first creating the page I missed adding this part of the page.
Sigh, the list is never done.