I gave Superman Maze Runner for his birthday. I knew he liked dystopian, and I figured he’d like it. Well, he’d finished it by the next day and he convinced his Dad to pick up the rest of the series when I asked them to go out and get some milk for the recipe for dinner. I’m not bitter that I waited for that milk with a half-mixed recipe. Not at all. Superman very proudly told me, “Well, we’re going to have another book and a movie next Friday. Maybe more than one.”
(there are affiliate links in here)
Thomas wakes up in the lift only remembering his name. He’s pulled out by boys in the same situation. The next day a teen girl arrives, the first girl ever with the news she is the last one ever.
Now, everyone, there is left wondering, will food still come, will they ever get out of this maze, and how will they survive?
More 8th grade book and a movie combos
Maze Runner book club
This was 100% bought for fun, so I have no book club questions. I’m actually currently reading the series to discuss it with Superman, but he started me on the prequels. Fortunately for you, others ran and shared their own Maze Runner book clubs:
Maze Runner Snack suggestions I found online
According to Superman, there are not many things that loan themselves to snacks for Maze Runner, so I checked online, and here are the suggestions I didn’t just immediately roll my eyes with:
- Literal list of every food item mentioned in Maze Runner
- Maze Runner birthday party suggestion
- Maze Runner cookie
Our Maze Runner Snacks
All right, we watched Maze Runner right around the time of Easter, so some of our snacks were inspired by that timeframe.
Snack labels are in the Subscriber page you get access to when you join my newsletter.
- Dead trees- Superman reported there were dead trees because of the Flare, which we chose fig newtons, why did we choose that I’m unsure
- Variables- random assortment of snacks from previous book and a movie night
- Needle- pretzel sticks
- bullets- whoppers
- farm animals- in normal times I’d pick animal crackers, but since it was Easter we had peeps, which I love
- weed- the plan had been Sour Punch straws, but the package I thought I had was missing, so Superman said this flavored popcorn was our stand-in
- bread- this came from our Serbia and our Bosnia studies, and were roped in since there was a character who acted as a chef (I totally can’t remember his name)
- fish- also 100% from a meal, I think Belgium, since we wanted some protein to balance out all this sugar
- Memory Loss- graham cracker and marshmallow fluff to represent a blank slate