That’s what I’m learning because this staying up until ridiculously late hours of the night and then still getting up at 7:00 isn’t really working long term. Yet I don’t seem to be doing better with that.
We went to Jeff’s work to get pictures in the bluebonnets, and the kids were in a super goofy mood. They wanted to take pictures, but when it came down to it, I couldn’t really get a decent shot of them. Especially the boys. After more than 100 shots, here’s what I came up with.
For whatever reason I can’t get decent shots among the bluebonnets, but the water feature they love to run back and forth on, they kids (boys especially) will give me a decent picture. I don’t know why. I’m hoping to go back by there again and MAYBE get some decent pictures this time.
We had a fun week of school and goofing off. The kids want to write another adventure book like the one I did back when the boys were 4 or so, so we went on a photo shoot around our neighborhood which deteriorated into run and play and have fun. Which I didn’t really mind.
For actual school topics, we learned about catapults and how incredibly hard they are to aim. We finished up learning about the circulatory system. Started writing plays for the play we’re going to put on, and lots and lots of Lego and building play.
So here’s what I learned from last month:
- Sometimes you have to put your goals aside and enjoy the nice weather and play outside.
- I need to find a set place to put my Illuminations (affiliate link) schedule because I think this past month I spent more time looking for it, and reprinting than I did using it.
- There are a bunch of really cool literature guides included with Illuminations my kids are finally old enough for.
- Just because I got organized once does not mean I will stay that way. Natural state of the universe, laws of disorganization, and some other term that my sleep-deprived brain isn’t thinking of.
- Psalms is better read in small doses, and not when you’re falling asleep from staying up too late.
- I DO need sleep, and can’t stay up until way ridiculously late to do stuff and still get up early.
So, after learning that long list of things, here’s my goals for April (keeping in mind I’m traveling for part of it):
- Write notes in my Bible, instead of a notebook. I’ve become convinced using a paper Bible is better in the end because I can take notes in it, and mark it up all over. I kinda like that, and miss doing it.
- Get the upstairs clean clean before we leave town.
- Get ALL laundry done before we leave (I’ll need to, to be able to pack).
- Find a place for my lesson plans clipboard that I will keep it in. There’s a couple of other things I need to do that for.
- Get my desk clean, for real, and keep it clean.
Oh, and I hopefully fingers crossed will have an Easter lesson up. I’ve just been having editing problems with it, so fingers crossed tomorrow.
Linking up to: